In this edition of “Mondays with Matt”, we talked about some tips on how to prepare for a major turf renovation project.
1. If you’re working for a club, you first need to understand the vision of what the greens committee wants. This can be difficult because while you have a vision of what the golf course needs, you have to also navigate the visions of the architect and the membership of your club. The challenge is how do you strike a happy medium while leaning towards the architect?
2. Make sure you have buy-in from the members and/or the committee.
3. Have a good plan ready before you get started. Make sure you cover:
- When the project will begin
- How long it will take
- Gathering all materials together in one place to eliminate downtime
4. Lastly, make sure you start and complete the project in a timely manner. The last thing you want is unhappy members—so stick to the plan!